Head replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

rappareems

I am in need of replacing my head... I read the posts from a couple years back of Stu's and company with pics etc.... seems the Raritan PH11 has been replaced with a new model... any suggestions?

Mark
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Stu Jackson

from sbo.com

Raritan's new PH SuperFlush replaces both the PHII and the PHC. It's so new that it's not up on the Raritan site yet, but Defender has it and the description on the listing is pretty complete: Raritan PH SuperFlush Manual Toilet at Defender. You'll be amazed by how much happier you'll be with a top quality manual toilet.

Both toilets are available with either the small "standard" bowl or the larger "household" size. The PH SuperFlush pump can be on either side of the bowl.

It is now up on the Raritan website:  http://raritaneng.com/raritan-product-line/marine-toilets/phc/
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Lance Jones

Stu,
Do you know if they will be adding an electric option as they did on the PHEII?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Lance Jones on May 10, 2016, 08:41:13 AM
Stu,
Do you know if they will be adding an electric option as they did on the PHEII?

Why not read their website or ask them?  I don't work for them.  :D  I've always thought that if you wanted an electric head, you'd get a real one, instead of kluging together an electric operator for a simple manual handle.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Steve_in_lex

Looks like Raritan is the way to go, and I'll stick with a manual one...but does anyone know if the larger "household" size fits in a MK II?  Larger would be luxurious for sure, but there's probably a reason why the Wilcox Crittenden OEM that is the smaller size.  (Though the reason could just be cost.)
Steve Saudek
2005 C-34 MK II
"Brisa"

Noah

Could be cost and/or weight? A lot of sailors don't like to add any "unecessary" weight to their boats.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Lance Jones

We recently purchased the new Raritan to replace our electric Raritan (Never go back to electric again). We both love how well it operates.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Steve_in_lex

Thanks Lance.  Size large or small?
Steve Saudek
2005 C-34 MK II
"Brisa"

Lance Jones

Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

capndon

Plenty of room for the large bowl. A great luxury!
1998 #1390 Ragtop