Crush Washer Dimensions?

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W10

Hi all,

I have been searching for well over an hour now, including what seems like every forum entry, the 101's, "Replacement Filters, Belts, and Lubricants", FAQs, including "ENGINE FILTER / FANBELT / AIR INTAKE EQUIVALENTS" with zero luck.

Anybody have some dimensions for the engine and transmission Crush Washers?  Inside and outside diameters, thickness?  What I read says they should be aluminum; is copper okay?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My crankcase drain plug is leaking, and I really should do the transmission oil.  Just trying to save multiple trips to the boat.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

PS: Not been active on the board in forever, sorry, been busy with fun car stuff and my Catalina has been great not requiring anything significant for some time.

Ron Hill

Steve : I'd suggest that you go on-line to someone that rebuilds Hurth transmissions and obtain a few of the crush washers that fit the bottom drain plug.

a thought
Ron, Apache #788

RobertSchuldenfrei

Quote from: Steve Wormsbecher on May 02, 2016, 09:21:39 AM
Hi all,

I have been searching for well over an hour now, including what seems like every forum entry, the 101's, "Replacement Filters, Belts, and Lubricants", FAQs, including "ENGINE FILTER / FANBELT / AIR INTAKE EQUIVALENTS" with zero luck.

Anybody have some dimensions for the engine and transmission Crush Washers?  Inside and outside diameters, thickness?  What I read says they should be aluminum; is copper okay?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My crankcase drain plug is leaking, and I really should do the transmission oil.  Just trying to save multiple trips to the boat.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

PS: Not been active on the board in forever, sorry, been busy with fun car stuff and my Catalina has been great not requiring anything significant for some time.

Hi Steve,

Just did that job.  Here is the firm that stocks them:

Transmission Marine, Inc.
223 SW 33rd Court
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 323335

(954) 467-1540

Their part number is: 0634801281 Sealing Ring

Hope this helps,

Bob
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422

KWKloeber

Quote from: Steve Wormsbecher on May 02, 2016, 09:21:39 AM
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Steve,

I have Hurth parts manuals.  I can't post on the TW -- been looking for procedures where/how to upload PDF manuals.

So ping me if you want them.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Steve W10

Thanks guys,

Surprised no one's got one lying around to measure.  Guess I'll have to order them rather than just getting 'em at my local car parts place.

Ken, not sure which manuals you have, but if it's not too much trouble I'd certainly appreciate them.

If email would work, please send them to stevew10@hotmail.ca

Thanks,

Steve

DaveM

Try Amazon - 16mm Aluminum Crush Washer SW-10 pack of 5 by Gold Plug

Good Winds
DaveM
Dave Mauney, O'Day 35, 1989, "DAMWEGAS" , Oriental, NC , M25XP

KWKloeber

Quote from: Steve Wormsbecher on May 07, 2016, 11:27:31 AM

Ken, not sure which manuals you have, but if it's not too much trouble I'd certainly appreciate them.

If email would work, please send them to stevew10@hotmail.ca

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

Done.  I sent 2, I thought I had another -- still looking for it.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Steve W10

Ken, thanks much for those, interesting stuff.

Dave, thank you too.  I'll likely zoom by my local guys and pick some up.  I think the 16mm is the critical number.  I'm assuming you've used those and they fit well.

Thanks again guys.

Steve

KWKloeber

Welcome Steve.
I just uploaded a searchable PDF of the Hurth manual to the TW manuals page.

kk

DaveM

I actually order 14mm to begin with and had to file them out, but worked fine.  Don't ask :?  From that detail work found that 16mm was the correct size.
Dave Mauney, O'Day 35, 1989, "DAMWEGAS" , Oriental, NC , M25XP

Steve W10

Thanks Dave, I'll grab a few of those before heading down.

Really appreciate the insight, thanks again.

Steve

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Indian Falls

This washer with a rubber seal bonded to the ID is at McMaster-Carr good for up to 225F

Bolt   ID     OD   Thk min/max     qty        p/n          $
M16   15.7   27.1   1.1       1.4   5   93786A250   11.98

If this don't work possibly one of the SAE sizes would. 
5/8"   0.683" 1.187" .089"-0.099"   5   93781A035   14.32

I plan to order a package when I get to needing new washers.  Unless someone out there has a "no no" about this idea.
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?