WaterPump Oberdorfer

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Young

Just replaced the old Oberdorfer with a new one. Can I have the old rebuilt?
Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84

Mick Laver

You mean refurbished? Talk to Depco in Clearwater, FL. 727-446-1656
Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

Brad Young

Refurbished. Yes that is what I meant.
Thanks
Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84

Stu Jackson

All depends on what's wrong.  There's an Oberdorfer rebuild topic on the forum, I think the link is in the 101 topics and the wiki.  If it's just the seals, you can do it in an hour or two for $20.

Oberdorfer Pump Rebuild 101 - http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,6766.0.html [Link added to main page of C34 Tech wiki]
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Quote from: Brad Young on April 25, 2016, 09:34:14 AM
Refurbished. Yes that is what I meant.
Thanks

Key question.   Why did you replace the old one?   What was wrong - be as specific/descriptive as possible.  Pics?

Kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Brad : The only real things that wear on a Oberdoffer pump are the :  1. Face plate  2.The carbon bushing  3. The lip seals and  4. The Stainless shaft.   (of course the impeller- Daa!)

As Stu said there are numerous articles on how to change all of those items yourself.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788