Oil "breather" hose to Air intake

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh17

I've read several posts on this and other threads on the message board about how to upgrade the air filter on the Universal M25 (and similar) engines. I wanted to switch to the  K&N RU-2450 Universal Clamp-On Air Filter (Oval Straight; 1.75 in (44 mm) Flange ID; 2.75 in (70 mm) Height; 4 in x 3 in (102 mm x 76 mm) Base; 3.5 in) but needed to configure the crankcase breather hose to attach also.

I made a metal adapter base to to attach to the intake manifold, extend up high enough to add a port to attach the breather hose and then attach the the K&N RU-2450 Air Filter. I still plan to add the filter canister for the breather hose but that will come next. Attached is a photo of the adapter I made from 1-3/4" exhaust pipe. The adapter is roughly 1-3/4" ID on the bottom and 1-3/4" OD on the top. I used a small section of metal tubing for the adapter fitting.

James H. Newsome
s/v CaiLeigh Anna
Catalina 34 MKI Hull #299
Universal M25

Hugh17

James H. Newsome
s/v CaiLeigh Anna
Catalina 34 MKI Hull #299
Universal M25

patrice

1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Ron Hill

Guys : For the entire life of my M25XP engine (21 years & 5000hrs) the oil breather tube from the crank case was in a piece of foam inside a Budweiser open top beer can that sat on the portside engine compartment floor!!

I would clean the oily foam every couple of hundred hours!!  Worked great as a filter of the oily air!!

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Mine was, too, although into an old peanut butter container.  I finally did this yesterday, it now looks just like Noah's picture and all all the other previous writeups.  After 2,487 engine hours over almost 20 years, I got tired of cleaning out the engine compartment and replacing the peanut butter jar.  :D  Plus the oily film on the alternator should be gone.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."