Website Survey

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Quote from: Jon W on March 25, 2016, 11:00:22 AM
Glad I'm not the only one that can't find a way to link photos, PDF, or Excel files. I have a 17 page write up of my electrical upgrade I want to add to the Tech Wiki. I can add the text but can't figure out how to add the attachments or change the title of the page Stu added after a couple hours of hunting around. The write up should be the difficult part.  Jon W.

Jon, WHEW.  I thought I was possibly brain dead.

As I recall, there used to be a button to add a media link. 
Then publish your page.
Then click on the media link on the published page -- and it opened a mediawiki page to upload a file (process of which in itself wasn't easy either -- there's probably 10-20 files out there in the wiki vapor which I had messed up and then tried to delete or re-upload, but didn't know how to.)

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Stu Jackson

I just sent Jon this email:

We're in the process of our Site Improvement Committee work now.  I wrote it up in the Officers Meeting Notes.

Please have some patience, we met by phone a couple of weeks ago and will convene again soon and attempt to address this.

Thanks for letting us know.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jon W

Haven't been home yet, but hope there isn't a size limit for the project documentation like the Message Board. The Word document that I will be copying from is just under 4mb (mostly due to 81 photo's), plus an Excel file, a PDF, and maybe the Visio schematic native file for another ~ 1mb.

~ 5 mb total for all documentation I hope to be able to post as a Tech Wiki write up.

Jon W.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca