C34 Fleet 1 2016 Cruise Schedule

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Allen

As we look forward to a new year of exciting cruising I wanted to again thank all the members who participated in last year's cruises. 2015 was a fun year and we had good turnout for each trip! :clap

The 2016 cruising schedule for Fleet 1 is as follows:

Pillar Point Harbor/Half Moon Bay
April 15-17th.
This is a great trip for those with little coastal experience who want to edge their boat under the Golden Gate and out of the bay for a while. Expect to see lots of the marine life during the cruise! During our last trip we saw whales, dolphins, otters and way too many crab pots!
Approximately 75nm round trip from Alameda

Benicia Marina
June 3-5th.
The former Capitol of California offers some great shopping and dining within a few blocks of the marina.
Approximately 60nm round trip from Alameda

Ballena Isle Marina, Alameda
September 23-25th.
It's a short cruise to this park like marina with great views of the south bay and nearby dining opportunities. Those of us on the estuary might take the back door route via the San Leandro Channel for nice change of scenery!
Approximately 10nm round trip from Alameda

All cruises will feature dockside cheese and wine gatherings in the afternoon and the usual tall tales and maintenance tips from our wonderful members.

I'll be putting more information out to everyone as we get closer to each departure date and I always have an eye and ear out for additional activities and destinations. Please, and I cannot stress this enough, check your calendars and indicate your availability as soon as possible for each cruise. It certainly helps us with planning and securing slip and meal reservations. :thumb:

For those of you on Facebook, I've created a C34 Fleet 1 Cruising Group to post pictures and information about upcoming cruises.
You can find the Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1563927920593810/
Or just search for "C34 Fleet 1 Cruising" while on Facebook.
As always, please feel free to contact me anytime at Sailorick@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to fun cruising and great member turnouts in 2016!

Rick Allen
Cruise Chair
Rick Allen, C34 IA Commodore
Former owner of "PainKiller", 1988 C34 MKI, Sail#746, std. rig, wing keel.