Standare C-34mkII salon table

Previous topic - Next topic

jstrane

Super BowB evening....

Been looking at site from time to time.   

Purchase #1759 a year or so ago and enjoying it on fresh water lake (Lanier, Atlanta).  We've been frustrated somewhat buy the "standard" tabel config... so I had the company that built our home cabinets place leaves ieaves into its... anyone interested in photos??

I havent picked it up yet but the cabinet maker is top-shelf, so i'm assuming a top shelf result.

Great site

Brenda J
Hull #1759
Lake Lanier, Georgia

Noah

What are your issues with "the standard Mk ll table"? I have a Mk l and find it too large to move around and I am going to make a smaller one. Drop leaves are not in my plan as they seem like "knee bangers" IMO.
Pics would be much appreciated!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Dave DeAre

Yes, I would like to see the photos of the completed table project.
Overdue
2002 34, roller main, tall rig
Burnham Harbor, Chicago

Jim Hardesty

Yes, I would like to see what you have done.  I'm not a fan of the original table.  My complaints are.  It's too big for big people to squeeze around.  It's in the way when you need to get to the batteries or hot water heater (even when rotated).  It's too small when feeding 4 or more.  And it wobbles at the adjustable base.  It's on a boat so it's a compromise.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

patrice

Hi,

Same thing here.
Took mine home, and used it to sketch a new one.  Used same profile around mast cutout and on the outside.
The 3 sides on the settee side, I removed 2 in.  Which is just perfect.
Since we do not use the inside table a lot, this new one is stored in the wall of the back bedroom.
ANd made a small coffee table at about 12 x 16 in. that stay all time.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

jstrane

Here are a couple of photos of the standard table modified with leaves.  For us its a huge improvement and now is able to rotate the full 360 degrees around the interior mast...
Brenda J
Hull #1759
Lake Lanier, Georgia