Rotted Teak Holly fllor board fix

Previous topic - Next topic

Set2sea

Hello All,
My long teak holly floor panel by the mast is rotted out from a former leak. With the long list of other $ consuming projects I have planned for 2016, I would like to fix this economically by splicing in a patch piece or scarfing in a piece.
Does any one have a small panel that they might have kicking around after they replaced panels that would be willing to part with? I will mail you a check for shipping and maybe a few extra bucks.
Thanks
Paul Barrett
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma

lazybone

I might be able to help.  Where are you located?
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Set2sea

Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma

KWKloeber

Quote from: Set2sea on January 05, 2016, 06:08:33 AM
Hello All,
My long teak holly floor panel by the mast is rotted out from a former leak. With the long list of other $ consuming projects I have planned for 2016, I would like to fix this economically by splicing in a patch piece or scarfing in a piece.
Does any one have a small panel that they might have kicking around after they replaced panels that would be willing to part with? I will mail you a check for shipping and maybe a few extra bucks.
Thanks
Paul Barrett

minimum size needed?
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Paul : You might be better of asking one of the many boat yards is your area, if they have any teal & Holly sole scraps?

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Set2sea

minimum size needed?
[/quote]

To play the minimum size safe, I would say 2ft sq would do it, Thanks
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma

KWKloeber

Quote from: Set2sea on January 06, 2016, 05:21:56 AM

minimum size needed?

[/quote]

Ok I put a shout out on the 30 list - we'll see.....

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

lazybone

Quote from: Set2sea on January 06, 2016, 05:21:56 AM

minimum size needed?

[/quote]

I have the center section that is about 3/4 thick.  It sounds like you need the outer thinner stuff.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677