pumps and things

Previous topic - Next topic

crieders

1. replacing the old burned out Shurflo pump. Is the Rule the best pump. The replacement Shurflo is the highest amps but would match the mounting plate, I guess
2. Whats the replacement shower sump pump?
2. Whats the replacement for the Tach?
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Ron Hill

Cliff : There's a ton of stuff written on WiKi for your two pump questions.

As far as a replacement Tach, I'd go back to Teleflex and get one the same size with the same wiring - they do have a replacement!! (it probably will be a domed lens rather than a flat lens -just  let them know the lens on your old one!) 

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Quote from: crieders on December 07, 2015, 10:07:40 AM
1. replacing the old burned out Shurflo pump. Is the Rule the best pump. The replacement Shurflo is the highest amps but would match the mounting plate, I guess
2. Whats the replacement shower sump pump?
2. Whats the replacement for the Tach?

Cliff,

1.  Is this the domestic hot & cold water to your faucets?  If so, the Shurflo is a fine pump.  This 12V one would do as a straight replacement:  http://www.westmarine.com/buy/shurflo--aqua-king-ii-pumps--P015943921

2.  A diaphragm pump is the straight replacement.  Like this one:  http://www.westmarine.com/buy/jabsco--diaphragm-bilge-pump-4gpm-3-4-port--109951  You could also try to find a rebuild kit for yours, they rarely "go south" unless neglected and unused.  Also, you should check your check valve and the vented loop in case the system isn't working properly.  See this thread:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4114.0.html

3.  Tach replacement:  Ron's right.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Cliff,

What's wrong with your tach?  Had we talked about this before (maybe or was someone else.)

Teleflex / Sierra was sold to Sea Star Solutions and since then SSS has cut back drastically on the tachs that they offer.  On thre C30 panels Seaward was using the "Premier Pro" gauges as replacements, but SeaStar dropped the diesel tach from that product line.  And dropped the diesel tach/hour meter combination from, teleflex told me in an email, all other product lines.   If you want to send me a a pic of your panel I might be able to help you out.

Ken K
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

crieders

I am looking for a new bilge pump. I have a shurflo 1800gph now. not made in this size anymore.
I am also looking to replace the shower sump pump before it quits.
The tack; I checked and all wires are hooked up to the back of the alt etc as they are suppose to be

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

crieders

It does not work at all
Nothing
Nada !

crieders

What is the replacement sump shower pump?

Stu Jackson

Quote from: crieders on December 08, 2015, 10:46:00 AM
What is the replacement sump shower pump?

Cliff, please see Reply #2, Item #2.  What more do you think you need?  Just let us know.  What I'd do is take the old one out and check its model number and find a match for the GPM.  It'd only take a day or two by online ordering, or use a mirror and see if you can see back in there for a nameplate on the pump.  There is a parts list in the wiki.  I'll see if I can find it for you, it may have the pump OEM.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson

From a forum search on "shower sump pump"

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,8593.msg60856.html#msg60856

It includes a link to a 4.5 gpm diaphragm pump.

Ron Hill

cliff : "Tach not working at all" you say:

The first thing I'd check is to see if the wire at the alternator is sending the tach instrument any signal!!  That's most likely your problem.   :santa

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: crieders on December 08, 2015, 10:34:19 AM
It does not work at all
Nothing
Nada !

Cliff

Help us help you.   What was it previously.   Reading ok?   Intermittent issues?  Some info please.
A tach will generally go bad intermittently not just die. Has anything been changed?  Is your alt charging correctly?
Have you run through the troubleshooting guide?  On techwiki?  Chech for a signal output from the alt.

If you're convinced you need a new tach email me a pic of your panel.

Ken K