Engine Troubles? M25XP not starting

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Ben : Glad to hear that you got the engine running.

Just make sure that you pull the fuel tank and get rid of that old fuel. And while the tank is out I'd clean the inside of the tank. 
Also check "critical Updates" and make sure the screen is off of the fuel pickup tube.

Congratulations!!
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

I was unclear in my questions.

The positive you 'wired to the solenoid' - was that the harness positive? Where was that previously?

The negative you wired to the terminal block - that was  the harness negative?  Where was that wired to previously?
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ben H.

Quote from: KWKloeber on November 30, 2015, 02:09:42 PM
I was unclear in my questions.

The positive you 'wired to the solenoid' - was that the harness positive? Where was that previously?

The negative you wired to the terminal block - that was  the harness negative?  Where was that wired to previously?

I took short leads direct from the battery terminals to the solenoid + (where harness wire was going) and ground block -.
Ben H.
"Happy Camper"
1989 C34 Mk I #886
Std. Rig, Wing Keel, M25XP Engine
Boat - Westport, Connecticut

Stu Jackson

Ben,

Glad to hear you got it running.  Your "very last thing to try" seemed to have been the first thing that was suggested, both in this thread and in Critical Upgrades: the electrical connections.

Are you now going to re-winterize the engine?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Ben : The speed at which a diesel turn over is not particularly relevant to having it "fire up". 

I believe that you probably finally got some new clean fuel to the different clean injectors and the engine started!!   

My thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Ben H.

Stu: Stubbornness on my end maybe?!

Ron: I think you're right, plus the better electrical connections.
Ben H.
"Happy Camper"
1989 C34 Mk I #886
Std. Rig, Wing Keel, M25XP Engine
Boat - Westport, Connecticut