Links to SBO (Catalinaowners.com) Website

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Thanks to Jon & Ken K, we have discovered that many links on our website to their website no longer work.

SBO recently updated/changed their software.

I sent the following to Phil Herring.

I'll keep you posted.

Hi, Phil,

I just completed an order with Dave, nice to chat with him.

Over the years I've developed a ton of links on our C34 website & forum to this fine site.

We have just discovered that those links no longer work.

Here's an explanation:

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5570.msg62138.html#msg62138

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if there's a simple way to make them work again, either ast your end or ours.

For example, I spent years developing our "Electrical Systems 101" topic. Many of them link back to great discussions here that would be a bear, if not completely impossible, to try to find again and provide new link URLs. That would make our site less helpful. I've also linked back here on other boating forums.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

Phil just got back to me and he may be able to do a redirect on his end.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

KWKloeber

All y'all,

In the meantime if you get really desperate and badly need to see an SBO forum post, just use the thread # from the old link and append it to the URL below (w/ no spaces) and it will get you there.

http://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/ +THREAD #

So,

OLD:
http://forums.catalina.sailboatowners.com/showthread.php?t=102027
NEW:
http://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/102027

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Stu Jackson

From Phil:

Sorry about that, fixed now and all old links should redirect properly. Let me know if you continue to come across bad ones.

I've checked a few and they seem to work.

Thanks, Phil.

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Stu Jackson

Just a reminder that sbo (www.sailboatowners.com) has a terrific store.  So in addition to the usual suspects for buying your gear, please keep these folks in mind.

As always, be sure to do your own comparative shopping.  For example, Ken K has some terrific deals, too:  Please recognize these are representative, not fixed, prices as of today.  Stuff changes.

SmartPlug             SBO $200    vs. $136 WeekendR
Ancor 10 awg
wire       SBO $1.00    vs. 45 cents per foot
WeekendR
1 awg tinned battery cable
SBO $5.06    vs. $3.90 per foot WeekendR
ProNautic 40 amp charger    SBO $535    vs.
$340 WeekendR
Oberdorfer M-15          SBO $269    vs. $243 Weekend'R
Ob Impeller
         SBO $35    vs. $33 Weekend'R

In many cases, convenience and price go hand-in-hand.

Stu Jackson

Just in time for Santa.  If he needs help, sbo can help.  Nice folks.