Cleaning up around the underside of the engine.

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

Ken, what did you use to get the area around the back of the engine to look so.... so... well ... spik-n-span ?

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Jon W

Hi Paul, That's my boat not Ken's. If you mean the hull area and pan in the engine compartment, I used bar keepers friend with a sponge and water. Then painted the bilge/hull area with Interlux Bilgekote YMA102 white. Didn't reach all the areas, but will after the reserve battery is installed. If you mean the actual back of the engine, I am fortunate and that's the way it was when I bought the boat in April. It is dirtier than it looks in the picture, but is very clean for a 28 year old boat.   Jon W.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

britinusa

I'll have to take the same pic on Eximius. I'm sure she would appreciate looking that glam below.

Right now we are focusing on equipment & sails, cosmetics comes next. Something I can be doing when we're hanging off the hook in the Bahamas!  8)

We plan on cleaning the outside of the boat above the rub rail with Magic cleaners and then waxing/zepping the clean surface. We have quite a bit of mild mildew visible to neighbors right now, and the Magic cleaners work wonders, but leave the surface easily remarked.

Just keeping my plate full.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP