Forum Access Issues & Software Upgrade

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Many of you have emailed me about issues you're having with the forum in the past few days.  I have forwarded them to Dave Sanner, our webmaster.  I just received this reply from him:

Hey Stu,

Since you're the master/spokesman/director of the BBS ;) can you post a sticky post explaining the difficulties?

Something brief.  Give them a heads up that the site may be down while we upgrade the software.

Just emailing Susan about the issue as well.  (with more tech details)

I'll see what I can do today... I'm going to duplicate the entire site and try the update on it... if it goes well then I'll update the primary.

I may very well run into major difficulties so it might not happen today.  We'll see.

Note, themes are tricky with SMF (read buggy) so the site design (along with changes from the major upgrade to 2.0 which has been out for several years) may come up looking differently, few links missing, etc.

There are also some plugins like Custom Profile Fields that may or may not transfer over ... hopefully I'll be able to make them happen.  We'll see.

thanks,

-dave
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Craig Illman

Thanks David for all the FREE work you do keeping this invaluable resource available!!!

Craig

Stu Jackson

Paul Alcock noted to me by email that the left side information under the avatars has missing information that was previously there.  Dave Sanner noted that it is an issue with the software upgrade.

Many of you have/had your boat information there.

Until such time as Dave can either get or make a patch, we recommend that you add your boat information to your signature line.  Lots simpler for everyone involved, at least that's where i always look for that info first anyway.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

dbpaul

Thanks David for all the FREE work you do and  keeping this invaluable resource available!!!

paulj

britinusa

Thanks David, as the webmaster for the c25 assoc, I know that it's a lot of work. I'm glad you're doing it  :D

Thanks for the quick response Stu.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP