do i have the good transmission

Previous topic - Next topic

andre

Hi i have a c34 with a m35bc 1997 and in my paper i saw that my transmission for this motor is suppose to be a hbw150 and i have a hbw100. Is it ok or i have the wrong transmission. Thank for your help.
L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

Ron Hill

Andre : With the M35BC engine the correct transmission is the Hurth 100 (early C34 MKIIs) or the new ZF10 (newer C34 MKIIs). 
Ron, Apache #788

Les Luzar

Andre,
Are you having an issue with your transmission? Or is it working fine. If it is working fine, check the transmission fluid level (to make sure you have the correct level), then I would not worry about it as long as it is working fine.
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

andre

I never have problem with  but since a couple of days when i engage the reverse there is a very big vibration and i have difficulty to disengage but only one time on ten and only in reverse

Jim Hardesty

Andre,
Do you have a folding prop?  If you do, sounds like your prop needs serviced along with your transmission.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

andre

Excuse me Jim what do you mean by that. My english is not very good. I have a kiwi prop 3 blades

Jim Hardesty

Andre,
I was thinking about a folding prop like

http://www.martec-props.com/pdf_files/folding_brochure.PDF

Think that the Kiwi is a fixed prop.  So that's not the problem.  I would start by changing the transmission oil and checking the control cable.  Good write up in the fall 2015 Mainsheet.

Jim

Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Craig Illman

Ron Hill

Ander : Sounds as though one or more of your feathering blade  -  isn't feathering!! 

This will definitely cause a vibration!!!! 

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Craig Illman

It's recommended to be lubricated annually.