Raymarine classic c120 chart plottter

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Had to remove the chart plotter to do some other projects.  Checking the plugs for corrosion I noticed one of the pins had broken off and came out with the plug.  The pin has something to do with the radar, rest of the plotter seems to work ok.  Anyone know if it the male multi pin plug can be replaced?  IIRC RM doesn't repair anymore.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ken Juul

While visiting my daughter in NH for Christmas I stopped by the RM Repair center.  Didn't have any luck on the phone, but in person very helpful.  On the classic C series, all the plugs on the back are on one board.  You can't just replace one of the plugs, must replace all, 30 or so solder joints, after finding a suitable used board.  Haven't tried it yet, but he said I should be able to run a jumper wire from inside the case to the correct wire in the cable to get the radar working again.  Spring project.  I did find a place in FLA that would replace the entire plug board, I didn't want to pay what he was charging for a 10 year old chartplotter that will probably be replace in a couple of years.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA