Temperature Sensor Probe

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

Reading the manual on my new ProNauticP Series charger(12v30amps), do I have to use this on my flooded batteries?  The manual seems to indicate that this is more important for AGM and GEL batteries.
Appreciate your thoughts.  I have 4 golf cart batteries and 1 starting battery.
Thanks, Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Stu Jackson

Paul,

"What's THIS?"

Seems you need to set the charger to produce the proper maximum voltage and float settings in the built-in algorithms.  IIRC, that great unit has programmable other parameters, but would be unnecessary for you to use or need.  Perhaps flooded deep cycle is the basic DEFAULT setting for proper voltages.

Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Paul : Why not call the ProNautic manufacturer and ask them your question?? 

If your manual has a setting for a flooded battery, Id use it!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Paulus

This question was in reference to the temperature sensor probe.  It has a setting for flooded batteries.  Sorry, try be more accurate.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Stu Jackson

Paul,

Maine Sail's excellent writeup, which I'm sure you've seen (Electrical 101), explains the importance of the temperature sensor.  While I have not read the instruction manual, either it's programmable or defaults to FLA.

So, if your question is are you going to install it or not, I just figured you would.  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Paulus

Stu, yes I am going to install it.  Was not sure if I needed the temperature sensor.  I have managed without a temperature sensor on my batteries for 30 years.  It is programmable and will use the flooded option.
This is the truly first smart charger I am going to use, I guess the rest were rather dumb.  I will go back to Maine Sail's write up.  Did read it once but did not pay attention to this added option.
Thanks,
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944