Source for Cabinet Latches

Previous topic - Next topic

dfloeter

After searching this site, the web and calling Catalina Direct I need help.   Two of our galley cabinet doors are held closed with brass bullet catches that are fine until we execute an unplanned 50 degree roll on a rogue and embarrassingly unnoticed  wave and crockery launches itself into the air.    The existing catches around the boat are mostly black plastic push buttons next to a simple U shaped handle.   The galley door design is ½" with a ¼ round teak strip along two edges.   

The nearest I can find to this latch is a Seadog brand, http://www.go2marine.com/product/387315F/sea-dog-cabinet-latch-push-button-push-button-cabinet-latch.html, from Go2marine but I hope to find a latch that is more similar to the originals.   

thanks

Dietrich Floeter
Traverse City MI
1996 Catalina 34 TR WK #1317
Universal M35A
Rocna 20

KWKloeber

What did CTY say?   Did they know who they purchased them from?  (more likely whoever made the cabinets (H and L - out of business)  purchased them from?

Try calling Cesar (310) 538-5528  who was lead carpenter for H and L, and has his own biz now.

Ken K
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

dfloeter

Thanks Ken.  this is the info one cannot find with a Google search.
Dietrich Floeter
Traverse City MI
1996 Catalina 34 TR WK #1317
Universal M35A
Rocna 20

KWKloeber

Quote from: dfloeter on August 17, 2015, 03:36:10 PM
Thanks Ken.  this is the info one cannot find with a Google search.

OK let us know!

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain