Shower Bilge

Previous topic - Next topic

KINGAIR350

Hello,
Is there a direct substitute for the 3 7 2 0 2 - 0 0 0 0 that is being use in the shower sump area
Regards and Thanks in Advance
Kevin
#5 5 3

Gary

Hi Kevin,

If you are referring to the shower sump pump this should be the model http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse.cfm/pump-shower-bilge-12v-4.5-gpm-7.5-amp-120446/4,52515.html

Replaced ours this spring (1986 C34). The model was a perfect replacement to the original including attachment screw holes. It also includes an inline strainer to be installed between the sump and pump.

Gary
Gary Ambrose
Kije #215
1986 Fin Keel
Falmouth Foreside, ME

KINGAIR350

Gary,
Thanks for the quick reply , same as what I have in ours, but the pump is is loud everyone in the Marina knows what you are doing.
Many Thanks
Kevin # 5 5 3

KWKloeber

Quote from: KINGAIR350 on July 26, 2015, 08:33:00 AM
Gary,
Thanks for the quick reply , same as what I have in ours, but the pump is is loud everyone in the Marina knows what you are doing.
Many Thanks
Kevin # 5 5 3

There's a newer version with a shroud over the pump arm.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Stu Jackson

Quote from: KINGAIR350 on July 26, 2015, 08:33:00 AM
Gary,
but the pump is is loud everyone in the Marina knows what you are doing.

Kevin,

That's GOOD!  :D 

They know you're taking a shower and are nice & squeaky clean!   :clap :clap :clap
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Kevin : You can replace the Whale diaphragm pump or substitute a rotary pump (like your fresh water pump) instead.  Your choice!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KINGAIR350

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the in put I'm going with the Whale product Ron, as far as everyone knowing I'm taking a shower it's kinda like the Admiral thing also
Regards,
Kevin

crieders

I thought about replacing mine. How do you reach the thing?
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Ron Hill

Cliff : With some difficulty, thru the door under the head sink!!  :cry4`
You can gain a bit more room to work with by removing the door and the frame.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788