Shower pump, standing water in shower panH

Previous topic - Next topic

KINGAIR350

Question , We have owned #553 for 6yrs. And now we live aboard full time. Wife would like to use shower , but the water will not drain ,rebuilt the pump under the head sink and all it does now is either blows water from drain or nothing at all (over flows). One suggestion is to disconnect hose from pan floor and drain into bilge.
Any suggestion?
Thanks In Advance.

Stu Jackson

Don't put it into the bilge.  You live aboard.  It will create rotten odors.

Fix the problem.

You already fixed the pump.

There are two other components:  the vented loop and the check valve.

And, since the water is coming out, could you have connected the pump backwards when you reinstalled it?

Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

patrice

Hi,

Might be the check valve on the line is reversed ???
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Andrew Harvey

Maybe some debris in check valve. Residual water will back flow from drain hose.
I put in an inline filter to prevent this
Andrew Harvey

chuck53

Ron Hill

King : Beside a vented loop and a clean check valve (one way flow) you need a strainer.  The strainer (1st in line) will catch all the hair and fuzzy wazzys that can and WILL clog the check valve.

I'd also recommend that you cut a piece of metal (Al) screen and caulk it over the course strainer on the head floor.  You'll be surprised on what that screen will catch!!

I wrote a Mainsheet tech note article on in installing a shower drain strainer.  look in WiKi and then Mainsheet tech notes.

I'll guess that your present check valve is clogged and/or your hoses are reversed!!

A few thoughts

Ron, Apache #788

Wayne

My boat has a strainer that is part of the pump assembly.  When it starts to plug flow slows way down.  Just another thought . . .
2006 MKII Hull # 1762
San Francisco, Ca