SF Bay Area Diesel Mechanic

Previous topic - Next topic

bbrooks

I am looking for a diesel mechanic in SF Bay Area (Richmond or North Bay) to take a look at my 1989 Catalina 34 M25XL as it has more white smoke from exhaust than usual. If you can recommend someone contact me at brad att bradleybrooks dott com  

KWKloeber

Ahoy

Are you somewhat 'mechanical' desire to save some boat bucks, have time available - or not so much?  If so can provide some troubleshooting tips.   1st, is heat exchanger and everything on the XP, original '89?

kk.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Stu Jackson

I sent Bradley a link to Carl in Oakland from Dave Sanner's excellent rebuild wiki (by email that he sent me separately).
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

bb : Most diesel engine books list white smoke as :
#1 Poor Atomization (injectors)
#2 Poor compression (valves/rings)

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: Ron Hill on July 07, 2015, 02:55:56 PM
bb : Most diesel engine books list white smoke as :
#1 Poor Atomization (injectors)
#2 Poor compression (valves/rings)

A few thoughts

water in the exhaust, vaporizing
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain