Superstor water heater element.

Previous topic - Next topic

SPembleton

I need a new element for my Superstor SS-6M water heater.  Anyone know a good source?  I cant seem to find at WM, Defender, Hamilton
Steve Pembleton
Holland, MI
1986 Mk1 Fin, Tall

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails."

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Some of these elements are common. If you have it removed, try taking to a Home Depot or other hardware store. You might just find a match.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

SPembleton

Thanks Mike. I will definately do that
Steve Pembleton
Holland, MI
1986 Mk1 Fin, Tall

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails."

Ken Juul

Most water heater elements have the same threads.  The wattage should be stamped on the head of the old one.  Ace/Lowes/ HD are great sources without Boat prices.  Get the same wattage and the same length, good to go.  It is pretty standard, most domestic and marine water heaters have about a 12-15 year life.  May want to consider the age before you just replace the element.  If you choose the do the element anyway, when the water heater fails, remove it as a spare.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

sailaway

Steve I bought a new an installed it. It works fine a had a problem getting it to fit in the hole I end up putting a hose clamp around the new element an slightly squeezed it to get it to fit. Charlie
Ocean Options Inc.
95 Riverside Drive
Tiverton, RI
401-624-7334