refrigeration

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

staying on a friends Hunter 38, 2004-6 model.  His standup fridge stopped working.  It is a Nova Cool model R3800 DC.  Turn the CB on and only the light works.  IIRC he had the freon checked and the pressure was good and did not see any blown fuses or obovious damage when he took the back off.  Anybody have any experience with this brand?
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Paulus

I have a Nova Cool system on my boat.  Do not have the manual at home but will pick it up later this week.  To the best of my memory, there are fuses, one inline that would shut the whole system off and one at the compressor that shuts off when the fan cannot get enough air for cooling.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

patrice

Hi,
Not a pro in fridg, but could it be just that the batteries power level being to low.
SOme fridg controller will stop if the power get to a low set point to preserve the batteries.

Or not enough cooling from the fan.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Stu Jackson

Quote from: patrice on October 11, 2015, 04:00:19 PM

Some fridge controllers will stop if the power get to a low set point to preserve the batteries.

Almost all will do this.  But it's not to protect the batteries, it's to protect the compressor.

Ken, have you tried Richard Kollmann?  IIRC, the 101 Topics has a link to his site.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."