Replacing teak w/ Starboard or PlasTeak

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Interesting discussion on the C-30 list on "low" / "no" maintenance options.  Passing along some pics/ideas...

I've been wanting to replace most the brightwork with PlasTeak, and see it worked very well with the Starboard option...

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Catalina30/attachments/416467386?itemid=1732178296

I believe that non members can view posted attachments (above)...  but not post or read the posts themselves

Ken

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

NEVER! I love my teak. A traditionalist at heart, it takes the edge off me owning a plastic boat. :shock: 8)
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Noah on June 16, 2015, 07:20:28 PM
NEVER! I love my teak. A traditionalist at heart, it takes the edge off me owning a plastic boat. :shock: 8)

Agree.  That's why we bought a Mark I instead of a Mark II in 1998.

Of course, I've been through all the teak treatment options, too.  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

britinusa

The PO replaced the teak on each side of the cabin entrance (top edge) and the teak hand rails under the dodger with Starboard. But the cabin top handrails and the companionway sides are still teak.

I believe he also replaced the 'step' under the center bar of the push-pit rails with starboard.

For another project, I ordered King Starboard online, price was very competitive to WM etc.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Ted Pounds

I just put PlasTeak handrails and toerails on my Gloucester 19.  My neighbor thought they were wood and asked me if I was going to varnish them.   :D  Replacement was easy.  I'm also doing PlasDeck, which is a bit more work...
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447