Lewmar opening ports and Saloon Tables

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Noah on May 26, 2015, 11:36:52 AM
Can you  slide in and around table standing, easily? From your photo, it's hard to get idea of how long table is fore and aft, from the edge of seat cushions.

Noah, the dimensions of John's table (24 x 36) is close to that of Leonid & Victor's table in the Dropbox photos I sent you (35 x 19).  Both of them are starboard of the mast.  It appears they both centered them fore & aft to make equal use of each of the athwartships cushions.

Rick, let us know what you find, we're searching, too.  Here's one:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4798.0.html  I'm sure one doesn't need to make that complicated trim around the mast.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

kwaltersmi

Here's our dinette table. No fiddles/rail, but the size is just right. It's teak with a maple inlay for the turtles.

'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Stu Jackson

Nice table.

For those posting with their tables, it would be really helpful if you could include the size of the table and the source (and price if you're willing to do so), as well as any installation tips & tricks.  Thanks.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Noah

Very nice! My pain-point is not my table wrapping/notched around the mast or encroaching into the cabin walkway. It is I hate not being able to easily get around table ends (fore-aft) while STANDING. I don't mind a WIDE  table. A LONG table is my issue. I would like my future new table to be a "leg's space" (6in.-7in.?) shorter at each end. The width is not a big issue to me. I also want fiddles. Looks like I will be building mine myself in my garage, or having it built (depending on $). I also want to be able to "dine" 4 people at it. I am walking a fine line between a dining table and cocktail table. :shock: :?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

jmcdonald

Don't know if you noticed, but the nautic table has a nice raised lip. It has worked as
good as a real fiddle. Also, nautic has several shapes & sizes.

Why not make a cardboard cut out of the size & shape you want and try it on the
boat to get a feel for size and use.

John

Noah

Thx for info. It is a handsome  table but my (very personal) opinion is I like the inlay compass rose but the black deck caulk lines do not "go" with my teak and holy sole. Different vibe? I am planning to template/mock up before I do any building/buying.
Standard Rig

jmcdonald

Well, that why there is 31 flavors of ice cream.
Looking forward to seeing what you find. We all get good ideas off this site to
improve our own boats with each upgrade.

John

Susan Ray

I built this and it swivels to let people in or out and to get to those ports.. It's about 2 x 3 1/2 feet.
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Noah

Standard Rig

jmcdonald