Dripping Goo

Previous topic - Next topic

Set2sea

I have had a substance that at first I thought was rust dripping on the V-berth wall just forward of the drawers on port side. It has a sap like consistency.
Has anyone else seen this that can tell me what it is and where it's coming from?
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma

Stu Jackson

Most likely is from the stanchion above.  Remove the inside white liner (three or four screws) and see what up (pi :D).
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Set2sea

Quote from: Stu Jackson on May 18, 2015, 10:06:09 AM
Most likely is from the stanchion above.  Remove the inside white liner (three or four screws) and see what up (pi :D).
I did remove the liner covering stanchion bolts and nothing showing what is ending up on the wall coming from stanchion. I thought it could be rusting staples from back side of liner but this stuff is not rust. If you go to the very top of wall liner, you can stick your fingers I a small gap between wall liner and inside of hull. I have a hunch it is coming from there. Maybe the stanchion is leaking water in there and then filling up and dribbling out? Now that I think of it.
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma