transom angle

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

I have a 88 mark I, does anyone know the angle of the transom, would like to fabricate some brackets for a swim platform, my boat is out of the water, and a long ways away.  Thank you
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

KWKloeber

No, but for some ideas here's my back porch (C30) and swim step.

Ken

[attachimg=#]
[attachimg=#]
[attachimg=#]
[attachimg=#]
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ken Juul

I just looked at the lines plan.  Looks like it is about 25 degrees from vertical. 
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Bob, Ken's right.  Go to the C34 Tech wiki and find the brochures and you can measure the angle with a protractor from them.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mregan

You may want to give these guys a call in Florida.  I was looking on their website last year, I was going to do the same project but never got around to it.  They seem to have a bunch of swim platforms that may work.  Click on the Ladder & plaforms tab. 

http://www.themarineconnection.net/

patrice

Hi,

:clap  this is what I did when I did my swim Platform.
Took the drawing and did some measurement from it. 
Got my parts cuts and takwelded only first.  Took it to boat to check if angle was good and what the look was.  Then brought back to finish the welding.
Actually it was supposed to be only temporary to see how we would like it.  But it is still there.

see thread, at the end you will see my pictures, and other nice one from other fellows

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,7415.15.html
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Phil Spicer

Bob, I have an Auto Cad file of our boat. Catalina sent it to me in the fall of 93. So if it is the same hull as an 88, it measures 22 degrees. The file is just a simple line drawing, no major information. So you are in the ball park.

Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

Bobg

thank you everyone, my boat doesn't splash for a month, so would like to get something done ahead of time, patrice, I am going your route for my platform, when I take my old boarding ladder off, any idea where I can get a step that will fit in the same mounting holes? thank you
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

patrice

Hi,

I left the step that holds the swim ladder.
I used a metal saw to cut in the middle of the bellow step, and was able to pull out the swim ladder.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~