Noah, Sue, and others with LunaSea cabin lights (with "defect")

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Quote from: Noah on September 24, 2014, 06:38:38 PM
I just installed two of these sexy, dimming, touch sensor, LED reading lights in my aft cabin. They look and work great BUT they have a weird wiring quirk. When they lose power, i.e. every time my "cabin lights" circuit breaker is turned off and then back on, these lights come on. This is the factory default. Even if they are turned off before the breaker is turned off, every time I come to the boat and energize the "cabin light" breaker switch, I have to remember to go into the aft cabin and turn of these lights.  Nice lights but strange touch wiring logic. Should be the "lose power" default is reset to "off" not on. I could bypass this by installing a switch inline but.... :shock: Susan, you recommended these... Did you notice this quirk too. BTW I still love the lights!

Mates and Matettes,

I don't have any of these, but had been working to get LunaSea Lighting to "switch" (pun intended) how their lights behave after a power outage. 

I am happy to report that the engineers have redesigned the circuitry and software to (reportedly) fix the "defect."
Luna has said that they can modify owners' lights to the new standard if you email call or email and get an RMA number to return them.

Doreen Ritter
(352) 417-0009
DeneenR@LunaseaLighting.com 

I don't have any requirements (copy of invoice, date purchased, etc.) to pass on, and will let you sort that out with Luna on an individual basis....

Cheers,
Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

KWKloeber

Quote from: Noah on March 18, 2015, 03:25:35 PM
Yippie! Thx Ken! I will contact them!

Where did you get yours, Noah?  I'd like to see if I can be competitive thru my distributor network.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

Bought them mail order from, get this: an outfit named HookBuzz.com "Tackle, Gear, Lifestyle." Love the Internet! Paid $42.77 ea.
Standard Rig

Sue Clancy

I got mine from a place called Sails Marine in Monroe CT. I only paid $36.69 each for them.

Honestly these were a bit of a pain to install so I will wait for someone else like Noah to try this out before I take mine out and send in.

Thanks Ken for the follow up.
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Noah

Mine are pretty easy to R&R as I installed terminal blocks port and starbord connecting all lightin and 12v cabin fans with ring terminals, replacing all of the original Catalina factory dumb blue wire crimps that were servicing the cabin lighting circuits.
Standard Rig