Which water & exhaust hose?

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan

Hi everyone:

I am in the process of changing the hose that goes from the water intake to the water pump (nothing wrong yet, but it looks very old to me). The hose has this mark "Shiledsflex 100-0580". So I figured that this is a hose with a 5/8" in diameter.

The question is whether I need more information. For example, in some websites there are water & exhaust hoses with the same diameter but with different psi: 725psi, 320psi, etc.

Do I need to worry about the psi as well? If so, which one?

Thanks

Juan

patrice

Hi,

Not the expert but if you talk about the hose from the thruhull to the water pump, this hose should be the type that has a metal wire (like a spring) imbeded Inside the hose.
To prevent the hose to colapse.

Other will give more specifics info.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

KWKloeber

I would recommend using Shieldsflex II, 250 series wire-wound 'blue line" exhaust/heater hose.  

Your 5/8" would be item 16-252-0580

It's non kinking and the best hose that Shields makes (short of silicone.)  You can get cheaper Shields Series 130 or 160 "heater hose" but for the money and replacing it so rarely, it's worth going the extra step.

Others' mileage may vary.
Ken K
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain