Buying a Pre-owned C34 - What to look for?

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

All things are never equal. Condition is key. But buying/selling boats is an emotional undertaking for both parties, so value can be somewhat relative.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

STE92VE

Quote from: Stu Jackson on March 27, 2015, 06:17:46 PM
Quote from: STE92VE on March 27, 2015, 05:17:27 PM..........I have a question regarding NADA Guide values between a 2002 & 2003 C34.  Would there be any substantial justification why the 2003 is valued 8-10K higher than a 2002, all things being equal?

Steve,  welcome.

No.

Thanks for the welcome Stu.  Looking forward to getting all the assistance that the C34IA provides.

Quote from: Noah on March 27, 2015, 09:21:57 PM
All things are never equal. Condition is key. But buying/selling boats is an emotional undertaking for both parties, so value can be somewhat relative.

The thing that's interesting about the NADA Guide is that they don't take condition into account, and yes, I'm trying to keep emotion out of the buying process or otherwise I would have just handed over a big chunk of cash and given the seller his asking price!

We'll keep you all posted as to the final outcome of the negotiations.

STE92VE

Well, dealer just rejected my final offer, no deal unless he has second thoughts.  No worries, there will be other opportunities.