Under Traveller mounted Pad eyes ???

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyride

Hey Gang,

I am running the reefing lines aft to the cockpit and have already installed the rope clutches and have the deck organizers on order but I'm looking for a good way to run the line under the traveller like the mainsheet and main halyard.  There are two pad eyes or bullseyes under the traveller that look like they could be swapped for a triple but I can't find anything online or at the local stores.  My guess is that they aren't avaiable, but Im sure I'm not the only one to do this.  Anyone know where to get a triple thingy or do people route them against the traveller base.  I have  flap in the dodger that would be better for the line to go through if it was close to the other two.  Here's a pic. 
1991 Catalina 34 (mk 1.5) Universal M35 Wing Keel

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Craig Illman

Call Garhauer. I replaced a double like that with a triple on my C30 a few months ago. You may get to drill the head off that bolt to remove the old one.

Craig

Joyride

Thanks for the tip.  I'll call over there...I got some other stuff to order from them too. 

Ron Hill

Joy : There are a couple of Mainsheet Tech note articles I wrote on those Pad Eyes.

Word of alert - If the hole in the new 3 eye Pad doesn't line up with the hole in the traveler, you might have to do what I did --  Redrill and then tap -- which is easy to do!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Joyride

Just thought I'd follow up on this one to finish the thread in case someone searches for this in the future.  I did call Gaurhauer and they knew exactly what I was talking about and sent two out for a very reasonable price.  The hole was pre-drilled and tapped and lined up perfectly.  I had to drill the old one out though because the machine screw was seized and stripped out. 

Thanks! 

Ralph Masters

Joyride,
Do you happen to have the part number for those??  I need to order two of them my self.

Thank you,

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Stu Jackson

Ralph, just in case joyride doesn't read this soon, remember he said: "...call Gaurhauer and they knew exactly what I was talking about..."  So, ITWMB, I'd just call Garhauer.  Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Joyride

I don't have the receipt anymore or the packing slip and it is not on their website.  I think they called it a triple fairlead or triple bullseye.  They asked what kind of boat I had and the year so I think it is a pretty common request.  I would just call it in. 

Ron Hill

Guys : Try Under the Traveler Fairlead (2,3 or 4 hole)!!
Ron, Apache #788