reviews on Zarcor companway doors

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

I agree! Fantastic art work and craftsmanship and the mermaids were a nice option.   :D
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

kwaltersmi

Quote from: Fred Koehlmann on January 23, 2015, 12:20:20 PMYou mention that the frame just slides into the existing opening, which sounds great because you not drilling or cutting into the existing bulkhead or companionway. So is the frame like a U-shaping, so that you're able to step over the frame?  :think I'm just wondering how strong the two bottom corners are against being pulled apart?

Yup, it's "U" shaped and you can just step over it to enter/exit the cabin. I don't have any way to quantify the corner strength, but suffice it to say they've held up just find over 2 years with my 3 kids kicking and clambering over them. Still very solid.
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

kwaltersmi

Quote from: Noah on January 23, 2015, 12:27:12 PM
I also like the carvings. Are the hinges "marine grade"?  They don't look like it in the photos.

Agree. I don't think they are marine grade, but rather just plain ole cabinet grade. No issues so far, but I'm not dealing with salt here in the Great Lakes either.
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

jstrane

I installed the Zarcor doors on our 2006 Mkii.. easy install and they work perfectly...when i purchased in June of 2014 they were on sale. 
Brenda J
Hull #1759
Lake Lanier, Georgia

Andrew Harvey

Gorgeous doors.
Same concept as the one I made. Instead of the carved panel there is screen. There is a bezzle edge on the outside where i can snap in a plexiglass
insert with brass clips to hold them in place ( for cooler temps )
I used brass piano hinges. The bottom of the "U" is split and hinged so they can be folded in half.
Andrew
Andrew Harvey