Access under galley sole - Mk II

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Laver

I'd like to get to the space under the linoleum (?) galley sole between the head and the bilge. I started to unscrew the sole to see if there was an access plate but noticed that the linoleum had been sealed around the edge with silicone. Before  I make a mess of things (and more work for myself) does anyone know if there is access there, or would I have to cut a hole?

There was a similar discussion about Mk I's about a year ago, but I was warned not to post to it because the thread was too old.

Thanks all.
Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

Stu Jackson

Mike, you mean this one?  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3769.0.html

Dunno who told you that, never an issue.  Post away.   :D

They didn't change the pans, it's all solid under there, just like the Mark Is.  Only change is the rubber instead of teak & holly in the galley sole.  Fiberglass is solid under there.

What do you need to get to?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mick Laver

Thanks, Stu. I was afraid the solid flooring would be the case. I had a slightly loose hose clamp at the Y-valve on the hose that runs to the holding tank. I am concerned that "stuff" may have dribbled down the bulkhead where the Y-valve is mounted and run under the galley sole. I was hoping to get in there and scrub it out.

The discussion I was referring to was http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,7849.0.html from last year. The program warned me that it was more than 120 days old and that I should consider starting a new discussion. It was the software, not a who.
Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

patrice

Hi Mick,

If you are concerned about some dirt Under the floor.
You could run some water from a garden hose with a pressure nozzle.

When I bought our boat, this is what we did to clean the whole Inside of the space under all flooring.
There was LOT of dust colected over the years.

I was pressure washing, using a standard garden hose, and every so minutes, I would used the shop vac to remove the water flowing to the bilge.
Took time, but came nice.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~