Engine oil recommendations?

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewitt1

My baby is hull 854 so not the youngest girl at the ball.  I use, as recommended, synthetic in my TDI car but chose to remain with a proven conventional oil in my M25XP by sticking with Rotella-T 15W-40W.  I may be a little strange but even at todays prices I believe oil is the cheapest protection for your engine.  I target changing at 25-hrs which translates to a change midway through the 5-day boating season here in Wisconsin. (Joke)  I also change just prior to winter layup.  I believe it best to minimize any acids, etc in the oil system that remain there over the winter.

I also use PowerUp NNL-690 Oil Fortifier with every oil change.  I can speak from my own experience as PowerUp 690 eliminated a severe shifting problem in my 1998 Saturn SL2   I use PowerUp in every internal combustion engine, both 2 & 4 cycle as well as every gearbox, transmission. 

I'm not here to sell it but for those that like to see testing results http://www.powerupusa.net/index.php/tests/effect-of-power-up-nnl-690-oil-fortifier-on-lube-oil-anti-wear-characteristics

Steve

Ron Hill

Steve : You might also look at an oil additive called "Militec-1".  Great stuff

A thought
Ron, Apache #788