M-25/XP, Kubota D-850/950 block serial number location?

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Mates and Mate-ettes,

Has anyone positively put their eyes on the location of the Kubota (NOT Universal) engine serial number on an M-25 or -XP a/k/a/ D850/D950 blocks? 
The Kubota label that's supposedly on the valve cover is gone, or was removed by Universal. 

I have the Universal s/n, but am looking for the Kubota s/n, and haven't located it using the Kb s/n location diagrams -- nothing by the injector pump, etc.  Not sure if the 850/950 block is a Kubota "super mini series" or a "-03 series" engine - anyone know?

Contrary to some popular belief, the dipstick number is not the s/n.

Thanks,
Ken K
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Ken : The Kubota stamp is on the block just on the edge of where the injection pump mates to the block. 

Your timing shims may be covering the stamping!?!
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Thanks Ron,

On the vertical face, I presume?  I will have to do some more searching/paint scraping!

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Ron Hill

Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Quote from: Stu Jackson on March 31, 2022, 01:40:00 PM
Kubota engine serial number locations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfgP5ffd42A

Interesting. But none of the 4 are our engine numbers.
Our D850s/D950s appear to be like the second block (located on the injection pump land) but does anyone know bout the 35 and the B series engines?