New Boat

Previous topic - Next topic

cmainprize

Tapping the pump to keep it running may not indicate it is not working.  When you tap the top you "trick" the pump into thinking it has not reached its cut out pressure.  If I remember correctly the little rubber diaphragm and spring are under the top of the pump.  I used to tap mine with a wrench to get the pump to "work" to make it easier to bleed the system on my old C30.  Pull the pump out and test first to see if it really is not working.  My old C30 was plumbed with the filter after the pump and the internal filter in the pump was full of crap.  Pulled it off, cleaned the internal filter ( screen really) and re plumbed properly.  Never had an issue after that.

Good luck
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario

Craig Illman

Cmainprize - Thanks, the pump is plumbed after the Racor and the filter in the Facet was clean. Good info.

Ron Hill

Craig : The old Facet pumps had mechanical points that opened and closed to work the diaphragm.  As they aged the points tended to stick and you taping on the side must "unstick" them.

The newer Facet pumps have "electronic" points and those "points" don't tend to wear.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788