Its both a sad and wonderful time

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Sedgwick

Sad, because we have sold our Catalina 34, SchatzSea, that we have owned since November 1998.  Wonderful, because we sold it to a friend on the next dock in our club and bought a 2000 Catalina 42 Mk 2.

Jo Ann wanted to look at updating to a Mk 2 C34 or C36. I stopped into see a broker friend to discuss the matter and he showed me the C42. It had been stolen and neglected so I submitted a bid and won. It needed a few things but I'm still well under budget and we just returned from our two week shakedown cruise to Catalina. Minor issues mainly with the mascerators but no breakdowns and are loving the boat.

Anyway, I have joined the Catalina 42 group but will continue to check in from time to time on this site. I want to thank everyone for making owning a Catalina 34 very enjoyable and providing answers to so many questions over the years. You have made a tremendous difference in my life.

THANKS YOU!
George W (Bill) & Jo Ann Sedgwick
SchatzSea #1031

mregan

Congratulations.   :clap  Enjoy the new boat.

Stu Jackson

Congratulations, Bill & JoAnne.  :clap :clap :clap That's the only bigger boat I would ever choose, too.   :D

We look forward to seeing the new owner here, too.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

patrice

Congratulation on the new toy  :clap

Yes it is a very nice boat, we looked at it, but budget brought us back to a C34    :D
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Fred Koehlmann

A couple of weekends ago we had a C42 MkII anchored off to port of us. As I sat and admired it I looked online for it's spec's (got to love those tablets). I was impressed that the shoal draft was only 4'-10" (great for Georgian Bay) and the layout was also quite good. I especially liked the double aft-cabin layout that would keep the boys separate, and the galley with easy access fridge.

I showed it to the admiral and she agreed that it would be a lovely boat to own, if we had the budget. Definitely something to look forward to, but for now Dolphina is it. :D
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine