head sink drain

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

The plastic piece under the sink that the drain hose attaches too is broke, does any one know where to get one outside of catalina direct? Thanks, not afraid of catalina direct, just want to go to store and get one somewhere
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

KWKloeber

I got a similar piece for my '30 sink from my local RV parts place. 

Take it with you for the parts counter  to match up at one that maintains a good stock of parts in house. My M.O. Would be to check online RV parts catalogs to find one that looks like it will work and and then verify if they have one in stock.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Footloose

Try the local hardware store. 
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Ron Hill

Bob : You are better off modifying your sink drain by looking in WiKi, than replacing that plastic piece of JUNK!
You'll be able to make the sink drain much faster and never again have the sink leaking in to the drawer below. 

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Bob, there have been many articles written on the GALLEY sink drains, but it appears to me that your topic heading: HEAD SINK DRAIN is a kinda giveaway.   8)

Try ACE Hardware first.  Ken & Dave are right.   Get some plumbers putty and put a new one in, your boat, your choice. :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."