LED Lighting for all interior fixtures

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck53

Great.  I got my festoon replacements from Superbrightleds.com.  Whoever you buy from, make sure you get warm white.  Even the natural white is too blue for my tastes.

Sue Clancy

Noah., I got these http://www.lunasealighting.com/products/detail/elegant-wall-mount-led-light-33ew/led-fixtures.  The globe is white and let's light through.   I had not really thought about them breaking.  They are physically smaller than I thought they would be based on the photo and seem to tuck out of the way.   I don't see anything on their website about replacement parts but you could call the company and see if that is an option.

In terms of the other comments, I think you may be looking at someone else's boat. I haven't done a table modification yet though that is in my plans.
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Noah

Thx for the info on lights. You are right. The 500 series Racor filter and small saloon table "Sue" lives aboard her yacht Honolulu, Hawaii. LOL!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

KWKloeber

Quote from: chuck53 on August 23, 2014, 01:57:54 PM
I got my festoon replacements from Superbrightleds.com.

Has anyone found a true replacement for a 20 watt halogen bulb?  I asked SB LEDs and I bought what they said was a 20w replacement, but it's barely a 10 watt substitute - was very disappointed.  I need a backside G4 terminal replacement -- it's not for on the boat so constant current control isn't that important to me, brightness is.  Prefer cool/bright white for this application.

Thanks,
Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Ken : I got a flat LED replacement and have seen many others.  Most ask if the fixture is under the counter so you can't see the fixture - then they recommend a bright white LED which throw out "tons" of light.

Hope this helps
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: Ron Hill on August 24, 2014, 05:47:22 PM
Ken : I got a flat LED replacement and have seen many others.  Most ask if the fixture is under the counter so you can't see the fixture - then they recommend a bright white LED which throw out "tons" of light.

Hope this helps

Thanks Ron, 

Yep SB LED sent a flat replacement - I don't know how many, but it has surface, bright white LEDs - nice color for my use, just not anywhere near the brightness of a 20 watt, though SB LED said it was. 

It has a narrower beam which was fine - but I'd hate to see the brightness if it was as wide as the oem fixture :-(  More like a 5 watt.

I'm wondering if a tower bulb where there's more surface LEDs would be brighter - it wous likely hang out the bottom of the fixture though.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Stu Jackson

Ken, www.marinebeam.com has a great section on their website about choosing the lamps for replacement issues such as yours.

Whether you buy from them or not, the kinda "tutorial" I found is very helpful.  I bought a replacement galley fixture LED from them, it's great.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Quote from: Stu Jackson on August 24, 2014, 09:34:50 PM
Ken, www.marinebeam.com has a great section on their website about choosing the lamps for replacement issues such as yours.

Whether you buy from them or not, the kinda "tutorial" I found is very helpful.  I bought a replacement galley fixture LED from them, it's great.

Thanks Stu,

Yep I like Jeff's site - it's one of the really quality made LEDs around.  But it doesn't list the lumens of the flat G4 back pin, so I can't tell if it's close to a real 20-w replacement. 

I'll email Jeff and ask what he thinks about his g4 bulb output compared to a halogen G4.

Cheers,
Ken