C34 capacity..

Previous topic - Next topic

RonE

Curious what others think the capacity is on our boats for a short day sail.
Thanks
Ron

mregan

I find for a short sail, you can get 9 people on.  1 captain and 4 on each side.  7 people is a bit more comfortable but 9 isn't too bad.  When I take people who aren't sailors, for a 1-2 hr sail, I'll try to get on one tack and do a long out and back.  I find it's easier than having everyone move around to tack back and forth.

kwaltersmi

7 in the cockpit feels about maxed out for sailing. I haven't had nine onboard while the sails are up, but I think it would feel too cramped for my liking, even if weren't planning a tack.
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Steve_in_lex

Agree with the above, except that we've easily added four kids going to the bow (above or below decks), which is a win-win!
Steve Saudek
2005 C-34 MK II
"Brisa"

Ted Pounds

We used to overnight with 4 adults and 5 small kids... :D
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Rick Allen

My crew and I took 14 inebriated friends for a short motor cruise up the Sacramento River a few years ago. Some stayed on deck, others had a disco party below.
Total capacity: 16 souls

Nobody complained...  :party
Rick Allen, C34 IA Commodore
Former owner of "PainKiller", 1988 C34 MKI, Sail#746, std. rig, wing keel.

Ted Pounds

Rick, as long as the grog kept flowing I'm sure they didn't complain.  :clap
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Rick Allen on August 22, 2014, 02:14:27 PM
My crew and I took 14 inebriated friends for a short motor cruise up the Sacramento River a few years ago. Some stayed on deck, others had a disco party below.
Total capacity: 16 souls

Nobody complained...  :party

"Nobody complained"
when Rick took a whole bunch, gaggle or group of us on his boat in the dark from Sausalito, under the Golden Gate Bridge (well lit!, so were we! :D), into Horseshoe Cove and back to Sausalito one night on one of our Fleet 1 cruises to Schoonmaker Point Marina.  A great evening.  Thanks again, Rick.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."