Battery refurbishment link

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Heyman

Getting ready to replace my four -six volt Trojan 105s that I bought about eight years ago. They  have served me well but now are not holding a charge above a 12.1 -12.2 resting state voltage meter measured level. I suspect they suffer from sulfhanation and when charged are only getting a superficial charge due to crud on the plates. I know there's a technique to desulphanate and equalize but I am not inclined to attempt that. I will test each cell with a hydrometer.
I did however stumble upon this on the Internet and found it enticing but most likely nonsense.
Any thoughts ?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OGG0OS/ref=dra_a_cs_mr_hn_it_P3062_100?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=4a251a2ef9bbf4ccc35f97aba2c9cbda

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

KWKloeber

If you do a youtube search you'll see the procedure without "buying: anything from amazon.

-Ken K
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

lazybone

Quote from: KWKloeber on August 18, 2014, 05:08:52 PM
If you do a youtube search you'll see the procedure without "buying: anything from amazon.

-Ken K

Are you talking about the Epsom salt therapy?
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

KWKloeber

Quote from: lazybone on August 18, 2014, 05:29:33 PM
Quote from: KWKloeber on August 18, 2014, 05:08:52 PM

-Ken K

Are you talking about the Epsom salt therapy?

Yep
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain