Distance Between Forward Shelf and Overhead

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Butler

We are a few thousand miles from our 1990 C34, and need a dimension.  Does anyone happen to remember how much height there is between the shelf in the v-berth cabin and the overhead?  We are purchasing a new LCD TV and need to know how big can we go.  Many thanks for the help!
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

Fred Koehlmann

We have a 2002 Mk II, and are currently onboard. The clearance height on our forward v-berth shelf to the ceiling is 14 1/2" all the way forward the the chainlocker wall. There is a 1" lip on the aft section of the shelf which could restrict access if things ae too tight. However you could also unscrew this lip from the shelf, for access.

Hope this is of some use.
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Ken Juul

We use Rubbermaid dish pans to seperate our stuff on that shelf. Two easily fit on top of each other.  That would be at least 12", so Fredricks number is probably close.  I also have a '90 boat, will get an exact measurement next time I'm there if no one else chimes in.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ron Hill

Steve : Hold off on buying a TV until someone with a 1990 C34 give you an exact measurement - and then leave an inch for the just in case!!

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear weapons.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Juul

Center of the shelf has 15".  A foot either side drops to 14.5, at the end  13.25.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Stephan,

I was on a 1987 this afternoon, and then went to look at our boat.

They ARE different.

Our earlier boat had the shelf a LOT lower and bigger.

I agree with Ron.  If it's a critical dimension, you'd be best served by measuring YOUR boat.

Stu

PS - Get good speakers or headphones' I understand they're important for the Hobbitts.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."