Accessory 2 attachment(s) on 1988/89 C34

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Mobley

Hi,

I am sure this is already somewhere in a note but I can't find it.

I am probably going to add an simple AIS system and am looking for a place to power it from.   I still have the original electrical panel and never have the  accessory 2 switch on.  It has a cable attached to it that appears to head toward the stern of the boat.   I would have tried to follow it further but managed to have some health issues about that time and could not handle the task.    So, does anyone know what it is attached to and if I can disconnected it and attach the AIS equipment? :?

Thanks.

Bob Mobley

Bob Mobley

ghebbns

On my 1990, accessory 2 powers the VHF radio.  I can't say if this was the factory setting or a modification by the previous owner.

Greg
1990 C34 #1040
M 25XP

Ron Hill

Greg : If you look back it Projects, you'll find that Bob Bierly and I modified our MKI C34s to have a cockpit VHF just under the engine instrument panel.

Then we ran the antenna wire to a selector switch (above nav table) so you could select the "downstairs or cockpit" radios.
The power was from the key switch for the cockpit.  It also gave you the redundancy of 2 VHF radios.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788