M25XPB engine Kubota equivalents

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Guys : I didn't want to bury this in the M35BC posts

The M25XPB is the same block in the Kubota tractors F2400 & F2560  (D1005 ESO1)

All of the other parts (except the 4th cylinder unique) of the M35BC engine are interchangeable.  Just check your parts book that Westerbeke gave you!!

The ZF 10 transmission is the same!

A few thoughts.

Ron, Apache #788

Juan

Dear Ron,

in a different post you suggested me to get a single pole oil pressure switch from Kubota (I have confirmed that the oil pressure switch is the reason why my oil pressure alarm was not working). My engine is the "M25XP", but the Kubota dealer does not use these numbers. Do you know which is the Kubota equivalent for the M25XP, is it F2400?

Thanks

Juan

patrice

Hi,

The M25XP engine is Kubota engine D950 on tractor serie B7200
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Juan

KWKloeber

Juan,

CAUTION!

On the B series engines, the oil pressure switch is not a Kubota part!  It's on the end of a hose/manifold "add-on" that Westerbeke installs when it marine-izes the Kubota block.

Ports on Kubota blocks are British Standard Pipe Thread/Japanese Industrial Standard thread - the oil switch port on the block is 1/8" x 28 BSPT/JIS thread.  Also, I (believe) it is a single terminal switch. 

The Westerbeke oil switch on the XPB is 2 terminal, and is 1/8" x 27 NPT thread.  Westerbeke installs a BSPT/JIS to NPT adapter on the engine block and extends the port with a hose and manifold -- the east end of it being 1/8 x 27 NPT.  The wiring on the B series engines requires a 2-terminal switch (because it controls the fuel pump emergency shut off.)

So the good news is you can use a standard, 2-contact oil pressure switch from your local auto parts guy that looks like this:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Oil-Pressure-Switch/_/N-8znc6?itemIdentifier=68465

What you're looking for is a normally open switch that closes around 10 psi.  (The PS200 switch above closes at 30 psi.)  The problem finding one, is that Wells (who makes switches for Autozone, Advance Auto, etc) publishes only spotty specifications on its part numbers.

The OEM Westerbeke switch is about 15 boat bucks, so it may be well worth your time and effort to (ugggghhh am I really saying this?) just buy that one.

Let me know if you find an aftermarket p/n that works.

-Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

Note

The Parts Manual for the Kubota D1005 block (base engine for the M-25XPB) was added to the Tech Wiki, manuals page.

http://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Manuals

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain