Cabin lights stopped working

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike McDonald

Hi all,
I just got to the boat and all of the cabin lights are out. The fluorescent light in the head is working, but none of the lights in the v-berth, the main cabin, or the aft cabin are working. I appear to have the original electrical panel with fuses. The 15 amp fuse is fine, the cabin light switch on the panel has power when switched on, and there is power across the fuse connections. Any idea where the likely wiring problem may be before I start tearing everything apart? Seems odd they would all go out at once. Thanks.
Mike....
Mike McDonald
1987 / #0396  / M25xp
"Irish Diplomacy"
Pultneyville Yacht Club
Lake Ontario

lazybone

Sounds stupid but I would check the bulbs. :?
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Mike McDonald

Well, I guess I found the general area of the problem. Moving the wiring above the nav table inside the small sliding doors, on the way to the 1st light fixture on the port Side, just forward of the nav table, caused all of the lights to go back on. I'll start checking the wires and the connections in that area to see if I can find the problem.
Mike...
Mike McDonald
1987 / #0396  / M25xp
"Irish Diplomacy"
Pultneyville Yacht Club
Lake Ontario

Ron Hill

Mike : There have been a number of posts on this very topic. 

Look in WiKi   --  the bottom line is to replace the blue connectors that Catalina installed!!
Ron, Apache #788

Lance Jones

I can't agree more with Ron's post. I followed his advice and replaced all of mine by splicing, soldering and then shrink wrapping them.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622