Engine Mounts, Engine Bed

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Rathbun

Look at this. He used nylon tie wraps (wire ties) to fill up the hole that was stripped (probably because they reused the same 2&1/2" lag bolts even after adding the 3/8" plate). The end is on quite an angle either because successive re-tightenings for alignment drove it off, or my attempts to drill small hole for screw extractor pushed it crooked (don't think so).
Former owner of 1987 C34 Mk1 #647 GALATEA III  09-2000 to 09-2016
Std rig, Wing Keel, M25XP
Nanaimo/Whistler BC

Ron Hill

Roger : Good for you on getting out the broken off lag bolt!!

As I mentioned in an Email to you, there are two holes on each of the engine mount brackets!!  I believe that your engine was mounted in the inside set.  When I mounted my new engine (M25XPB) I used the outside set of holes.  Why? can't remember, but it worked out OK!!  
You might also look at the pictures of my "replacing the engine" Mainsheet article and see how I use an aluminum plate to attach the mounts to.

Looking at your old installation, I don't believe that you need the plates you had under your old mounts, because the new mounts appear to take up the extra space. Look at using the outside bracket holes and Measure/Measure/Measure!!!

A few thoughts  
Ron, Apache #788