Sea Wizard Marine Canvas for cockpit cushions

Previous topic - Next topic

kwaltersmi

Anyone ever used Sea Wizard Marine Canvas for cockpit cushions?  I spoke with the owner a couple of weeks ago and was told their cushions are constructed with Textilene Sunsure fabric, 2" thick waterproof closed-cell foam, and Sunbrella trim piping, stitched together with UV resistant thread.  Price was $525 (plus $10 shipping), which seems very fair.  I ordered some yesterday and will report back when they arrive.
'87 C34 TR/WK M25XPB
SailFarLiveFree

Phil Spicer

Chartered in the BVI and had cockpit cushions like that. Cool to sit on, don't stick so bad when you stand up, dry fast and won't mildew. We may be making some like that as ours are getting old after 20 years.
   If they get wet, just set them up on edge and they dry in no time.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

Ken Juul

another option.  We srill have the original open cell foam OEM cushions.  Yes you have to keep them out of the rain or they soak up the water like a sponge.  Also hot in the sun.  We cover them in cheap beach towels from Walmart.  If you have a sewing maching...~$15 every two or three years. 
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Ken, a question:  are those the OEM ones with the vinyl covers?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

I asssume they are OEM.  They are stamped C34 on the inside of the vinyl and the 3 seperate cushions for the area over the lazerette have snaps attached so they stay in place.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Rick Johnson

Let me know what you think.  I have a set but would like to hear your evaluation.
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX