Reinforcing sleeve, ref. Service Bulletin 235

Previous topic - Next topic

patchwork

Having recently acquired C34 Mk II, #1437 ("Patchwork"),  I just became aware of the Westerbeke Service Bulletin #235, so I removed the Sherwood raw water pump on my M35B engine to check. You guessed it, no reinforcing sleeve. I have emailed Westerbeke for advice. In addition, however, I found that about 25 degrees of the "locating ring"  on the pump body had broken away ( the raised ring on the pump body inserting into the engine block, locating the pump as it is clamped to the engine block). There was no sign of debris. The pump works fine, with no leaks from the gaskets.
I would be grateful for advice on obtaining the reinforcing sleeve (if I receive no joy from Westerbeke) and whether I should stick with this pump, which works, despite its structural deletion.

Ron Hill

Patch : I'd call Joe Joyce Westerbeke's Service Manager (508-823-7677  X234) and ask him about how to get a sleeve.

Don't think I'd worry about part of the broken locating ring as long as the pump is seated and tight to the engine.

My thoughts
Ron, Apache #788