A TRIBUTE to Ron Hill

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewitt1

Ron:

I've only been the proud owner of my 34 and a member here for two seasons.  I've participated in several other forum groups with different subjects mostly BOC or Bayliners Owners Club and have witnessed some things common between them.  That being a core nucleus of members that possess the highest level of knowledge in the forum's subject.  Basically only with the existence of this select group of members will the forum mature into a viable useful resource location which makes more owners gravitate to it.

You are one of those elite core members!  (there are several here so I won't name names for fear of not recognizing someones contributions)

Thank You, for all your help and advice.  Best wishes in every future endeavor and I hope you still participate in the forum (obviously a selfish request on my part)

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live!

Most Sincerely
Steve

visit us at www.ocontoyachtclub.com

frank

Thank you for your C34 expertise on this website Ron. From here in Eastern Canada we will miss checking out your thoughts!
All the best in your post sailing adventures.
Frank Hand. SV Swan Song, NB Canada   

lazybone

If Ron decides at some point to no longer post to the bb I'm going to go out on the limb and volunteer to be everyone here's question-guy go-between.

With a little leg work I'm pretty sure I can find out where he lives and its my experience that the best time to find people of interest (at home) is between 3 and 4 in the morning.

Edit :D
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Roc

Hey Ron,
We were sad to hear you are selling your boat!  But at least, it's nice to hear it will still be in your family.  THANK YOU for all your insight on this board.  I hope you still will share all your knowledge.

Kind regards
Roc-
Sea Life
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Hawk

Hey Ron,

One would think that after all this time and a few thousand posts everything has been covered but each time I tune in something new pops up and I think Hmmm glad I read that...just in case. Invariably you provided some incite or suggestion that was bang on. In fact I just now got back from changing the HX zinc and the oil/filter....sure routine now, but it wasn't the first time. This forum and particularly your advice have made the attempts, and then successful completions, of more complex maintenance and repairs possible for those of us who push paper for a living.

Thanks Ron and please keep your dial set here to continue helping us all out of the quagmire we routinely get ourselves into!

Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

mtullier

Thank you Ron!  I enjoyed and learned from many of your write ups and experiences.
Mike
Mike

Ken Heyman

Shortly after buying our boat more than 10 years ago, I had an engine failure caused by dirty fuel. Following Ron's detailed "Tech" post describing  the removal of  the  fuel tank (a repair I never thought I would be able to do), I successfully waltzed the tank out of the aft cabin,removed the gremlin wire mesh from the fuel pick up tube,cleaned the tank and reinstalled it -and to  this this day have not had a problem. There are countless other examples of repair, maintenance and common sense suggestions authored by Ron and now residing in our c34 treasure trove of information. Thanks again Ron and fair winds !!
Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il