candlewax and nonskid

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Tancock

Anyone else make the mistake of spilling hot candle wax on the nonskid?
If so, how did you get it off?
Silly problem, dumb question!
Thanks for any ideas....roasting allowed!
Jeff Tancock
Stray Cat #630
Victoria, BC
Canada
1988 25xp

Roc

To get a votive out of a glass, you have to put it in the freezer (one of those things a wife can teach you)..... So, is there a way to freeze it off?
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

mregan

The freezer trick does work.  Maybe put a bag of ice or ice pack over the wax for a bit to try to get it to harden as much as you can?

Kyle Ewing

Try very hot or boiling water.  I've used this to get candle wax out of carpet. The water should soften it enough so you can scrape it off with a stiff brush.

Kyle Ewing
Donnybrook #1010
Belmont Harbor, Chicago
http://www.saildonnybrook.com/

RV61

Years ago I used to sell Gum Remover that was in an aeresol can that would freeze the gum then would break it up when frozen with a putty knife. Worked on surface wax too. If wax has not absorbed into the fiberglass that should work. If asborbed try a solvent based cleaner to try and lift it out of the fiber glass.
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

Brent Evans

If you've got AC power, how about several layers of paper towel over the area then just iron it.  The heat from the iron melts the wax and it wicks up into the paper towel.

Jeff Tancock

I had thought about using the iron but was not sure that it would be safe on the fiberglass...
Considering all other suggestions. Thanks for all the thoughts!
Jeff Tancock
Stray Cat #630
Victoria, BC
Canada
1988 25xp