1997 C34 MkII Chesapeake Bay (sold)

Previous topic - Next topic

reedbr

$58,000 no broker price. As far as I can tell, still the lowest price C34 MkII in the US.

Two kids in college, the boat needs to go soon. In April I'll dewinterize it and take it to a broker. For now I thought I would put a quick post in and see if somebody wants to do the extra legwork and save the 10% commission. I'm told listing price with a broker would be about $65K, so I'm offering it here pre-broker for $58K.

"Ambitious" is a 1997 Catalina 34 MkII with the wider walk-out transom. Hull #1365, shoal draft wing keel and a standard rig. I have owned her since 2002 and I think I'm the third owner. The engine runs well, starts easy and has about 1050 hours on it. All the standard stuff for MkII's is there and operational: hot and cold pressurized water, refrigeration, self tailing winches, autopilot, depth meter, knot meter, and a couple anchors including my 33# Bruce that has never failed me. It also has a reverse cycle air conditioner/heat unit that works well in both modes. She is a white hull with navy blue canvas including dodger and bimini, roller furling jib and Dutchman main system. Garmin GPS system is included, as are pots, pans silverware and dishware. Beyond a good cleaning, hull wax and bottom paint, she won't need much for the coming season. Cosmetically she cold use some interior varnish and new sheer stripe tape.

Optional is an 8' sailing Trinka dinghy that I carry on Weaver davits on the stern.

Ambitious is layed up for the winter in the water on the St. Mary's river, off the Potomac in the lower Chesapeake Bay. That's Drayden, MD from the land side.

Contact me if you have any interest or questions.

Thanks.
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD

DMorri3035

Hi,

We would like to come and see your boat.  We live in Ohio and are tied up until mid Feb-Mar.  Are the sails original and are they in good shape.  Are the electronics original and if so in working order.  What else can you tell us about the boat and do you have pictures of her.

Thanks,

Curt Morrison

reedbr

Curt-

Thanks for the reply. The boat is two hours from me so just let me know when you want to do an Annapolis/Chesapeake area trip and I'll work around your schedule. The sails are original. The main was renewed by SailCare a couple years ago and came out great. The 135 jib is good but needs a restitch, especially the Sunbrella weather band. The shape is still good. I'll take care of jib maintenance this winter. The Raymarine depth, autopilot and knotmeter are original and in good working condition. The GPS I upgraded. I feel like I didn't give her the maintenance attention she deserved last year, but in reality she is in good condition overall. I am light on recent pictures but attached two here.

Let me know if you have other questions here or call me. Thanks.
Brian Reed
St. Mary's River, MD

reedbr

The boat is still for sale and finally got the attention she's deserved. I've dewinterized, hauled, cleaned, fresh bottom paint, oil changed, both fuel filters changed, new dodger glass, HX zinc changed, jib washed and weather band restitched. I've got new pictures from this weekend.  Thanks!

Brian Reed
St. Mary's River, MD

reedbr

Interior pictures:
Brian Reed
St. Mary's River, MD

reedbr

This boat has been sold. Good luck with her David!
Brian Reed
St. Mary's River, MD